WHAT IS A COMPETENCY MODEL?
A competency model is a structured and comprehensive list of competences – qualifications for the performance of activities related to a specific position in the company.
HOW DOES COMPETENCY MODELING WORK?
We typically start reviewing job descriptions in order to clarify the needs and the goals of a job. The analysis is followed by structured interviews after which a group of professionals synthethize the data and formulates the necessary competencies. We are careful to avoid overlapping or redundant competencies.
HOW WILL A COMPETENCY MODEL HELP YOUR ORGANISATION AND EMPLOYEES?
- You will receive a structured source of demands and needs for every job
- You can use it in selection and/or development where clear guidance is needed in order to reach the best performing workforce
- Your organisation will speak the „same language” across all people related situations
- You can make reliable HR decisions more rapidly
- You will simplify and structure performance appraisals
- Your employees and leaders will have a better understanding about your expectations and the key characteristics and skills needed for their jobs
HOW DOES ASYSTEMS HELP YOU TO USE COMPETENCY MODELING?
Making a whole model is a process that needs considerable time, so we suggest that it be integrated with other necessary tasks that also need a large amount of information and interviews. Some tools could be job descriptions, business process reengineering, satisfaction surveys or the clarification of technical competencies across jobs. It is a strategic decision to make such a model and promotes HR to be a source of ROI and company success.